- 1 DEPARTMENTS (1990)
- 2 AMPS General
- 3 ERAWS
- 4 AMPS departments in details
- 4.1 Commerce
- 4.2 Contruction
- 4.3 Dharma Pracar
- 4.4 Farm
- 4.5 Finance
- 4.6 Food and Care
- 4.7 Industry
- 4.8 ISMUB
- 4.9 Jagriti
- 4.10 Land
- 4.11 Master Unit
- 4.12 Press and Printing
- 4.13 Publication
- 4.14 Public Relations
- 4.15 Renaissance Universal
- 4.16 Society Building
- 4.17 Social Security
- 4.18 WWD
- 5 ERAWS departments in details
In AMPS there are 18 Departments collectively called AMPS General, and one Department called ERAWS-Education, Relief and Welfare Section.
The Departments in AMPS General are: 1. Commerce 10. Land 2. Construction 11. Master Unit 3. Dharma Pracar 12. Press and Printing 4. Farm 13. Publication 5. Finance 14. Public Relations 6. Food and Care 15. Renaissance Universal and RAWA 7. Industry 16. Society Building 8. ISMUB 17. Social Security 9.Jagriti 18. Women`s Welfare
The ERAWS Department is composed of five sections with various branches: 1. Medical 2. PCAP/CL - Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Plants/ Cheap Literature. 3. Education- This section has three branches called EI 1, EI 2, and EI 3 which administrate the education section, control the curriculum and supervise all the schools. - AMSAI (ANANDA MARGA Special Academic Institution). - AMJAS (ANANDA MARGA Jagriti Schools) for indigent . - AMPES (ANANDA MARGA Peoples Schools) teaching literacy to adults. 4. Relief - This section is composed of three branches: R1, R2 and R3. - AMURT ( ANANDA MARGA Universal Relief Team) - AMUPRESO ( ANANDA MARGA Universal Permanent Relief Society). 5.TPW - Tribal People`s Welfare.
AMPS departments in details
1. COMMERCE DEPARTMENT will supervise the establishment and maintenance of all businesses operating on behalf and for the welfare of the Organisation. The SS will approve all policy matters and major decisions. The Commerce Department will select and train qualified personnel to manage and run the businesses. Due to local laws regarding businesses, a legal board of directors may have to be set up. The ultimate authority will rest in the hands of the Commerce Department.
2. AMUS - the Ananda Marga Universal Store, is also supervised by the Commerce Department. The function of AMUS is to purchase essential commodities from the producers at wholesale rates while selling to the general public at reasonable rates. AMUS will run on a non-profit, no-loss basis providing maximum service to the public.
Commerce Department will coordinate with FARPRO and INPRO concerning the business and marketing aspects of farm and industry products.
2. CONSTRUCTION DEPARTMENT is responsible for providing and maintaining adequate housing facilities for all Departments of Ananda Marga. In addition it is the work of the Construction Department to build roads, bridges, water supply and other basic constructions necessary for the establishment of the Organisation. Financing for such projects will be arranged in coordination with Sectorial Finance Committee and approved by SS.
3. DHARMA PRACAR DEPARTMENT will supervise the implementation of the Central Dharma Pracar policies as well as maintain regular communication with all units of Ananda Marga within the sector.
The main work of Dharma Pracar is : a) To establish a close knit communications system within the sector. b) To publish newsletters on all levels from sectorial to unit. c) To create and implement new ideas in propagation of dharmic ideals through classes, slide shows, OSC, DDC, literature and leaflets, magazines, etc. d) Maintain the discipline and conduct of the Whole Timers and Margiis as per Yama and Niyama and conduct rules . e) To encourage the formation of AMPS units with Jagrities and to ensure that proper decorum and system of management of Jagrities is maintained. f) To collect the unit registration form and fee from every unit and to renew the same annually. g) To keep an updated list of all units and offices of Ananda Marga as well as an address list of all Margiis within the sector.
4. FARM DEPARTMENT will work in coordination with the Master Unit Department to develop agriculture, gardening, sericulture, bee-keeping, animal husbandry, dairy farming, plant and soil protection, irrigation,conservation and ecology. The Farm Department will also foster a good relationship with all groups both public and private who are related to the above activities. A monthly newsletter should be published to keep the Margiis and public updated about latest trends and ideas in farming.
FARPRO (Farm Products) is a section of Farm Department. The function of FARPRO is to activate all cultivable lands of Ananda Marga in order to meet the total requirements of staple food for all homes and institutions of Ananda Marga in the same district. Secondly, after all requirements are met, to produce cash crops and farm products necessary for the financial maintenance and expansion of the farms.
5. FINANCE DEPARTMENT will maintain the accounts, budgeting and inspection of financial systems within the sector. A sectorial finance committee will advise SS on all financial matters and prioritize all major projects within the sector. It will be the main objective of the Finance Department to encourage and assist each unit to become self-sufficient ecconomically.
Food and Care
6. FOOD AND CARE DEPARTMENT is to concentrate on solving the problems of food and proper care of all beings in society:
a) All children and other AM institution members. b) All Wts and LFTs. c) Old and invalid moralist. d) All moralist. e) All human beings ( moral or anti-social). f) Old and invalid animals. g) Decaying species of fauna and flora. h) All animals and plants.
Secondly, Food and Care Department is to raise public awareness regarding the world food problem, promote Food For All movements and publish literature relating to these critical issues.
7. INDUSTRY DEPARTMENT will set up industries to help make Ananda Marga self- sufficient economically, ie. health food , health care, construction, metal shops, electrical appliances, carpentry, weaving, hosiery, tailoring, pottery, sporting goods, school supplies, etc. The INPRO (Industrial Products) is the section of Industry Department which markets the products. The Indusry Department will work in close cooperation with the Commerce Department in the marketing and business systems and practices employed.
IMPRO (Industry Product) is a section of Industry Department.
8. ISMUB DEPARTMENT means Inspection, Seminar, Movement, Utilization and Board. Shrii P.R. Sarkar has said that " System without speed is useless and speed without system is dangerous". This department is responsible to see that the organization is efficiently running according to ideological standard, both in system and in speed.
INSPECTION system insures a tight check on whether or not all offices are operating according to standard. Seminar duties are delegated during R.D.S. wherein every district of the sector is "covered" by a specific date, place, organizer and trainer. The seminar topicsare given every six months at the time of D.M.S. in Ananda Nagar. These topics reflect the current philosophical knowledge being disseminated world wide by Ananda Marga. This insures a systematic development of collective psychology. Each Margii is expected to attend the seminar and take a specific duty. The seminar reports are to be collected and scrutinized by the ISMUB Departmen
MOVEMENT means the conscious effort by each Margii and Whole Timer to see that a dynamic flow is being generated in every unit. For example, Food For All movement, Employement For All, Anti- smoking movement, Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Plants, Anti- phonografy, Vegetarian movement, Aid to poor students, Anti- pollution, etc. These movements throughout the Sector are supervised and controlled by the ISMUB Department.
UTILIZATION means that a conscious effort is being made by all Margiis and Whole Timers to utilize the phisical, mental and spiritual capacities within Ananda Marga. Every land, every building, every object, every plant,every mind and every soul should be engaged to the maximum for the upliftment of creation. ISMUB Department will be actively supporting ths activity.
BOARD means the setting up of Advisory Committees and working Boards (ACB) of every department and on every level,ie. unit, village, panchayat, upabhukti, bhukti diocese,region and sector. This will insure the proper management and supervision of the entire organization. It is the duty of ISMUB Department to monitor and control the efficiency of these boards and committees.
9. JAGRITI DEPARTMENT supervises the construction and maintenance of all Ananda Marga Jagrities. While working in coordination with the Costruction Department for planning and design and Dharma Pracar Department for discipline and maintenance. This department will be responsible to upgrade the standard of Ananda Marga throughout the sector by providing proper living environment for Workers and Margiis.
10.LAND DEPARTMENT will be responsible for the legal work necessary for procuring land for the organization. Where legally possible all land should be registered inthe name of Ananda Marga. No one has the right to sell any land property of the organization without permission from the Central Land Secretary. Land department should keep proper records of all lands owned by Ananda Marga.
11. MASTER UNIT DEPARTMENT supervises the use of land allocated for Master Unit. As the name implies, all the departments of Ananda Marga are given scope to express themselves on the Master unit. Many research activities as well are slated to develop on the Master Unit especially in the field of agriculture. The ultimate aim is to create a self- sufficient economic complex which provides a holistic environment for all around development.
Press and Printing
12. PRESS AND PRINTING DEPARTMENT is responsible for establishing and maintaining presses and related equipment and for training personnel to operate them properly. Once a press is established it should be commercialized so that it becomes economically self- sufficient. Press equipment is always owned by Ananda Marga and should never be sold without permission from Central Press and Printing Secretary.
13. PUBLICATION DEPARTMENT is responsible for the propagation of Shrii P. R. Sarkar`s ideas through the media of publication. It supervises the implementation of Central Publication policies. It acts as the distribution agent for all of Shrii P. R. Sarkar`s books printed in English in INDIA. It is also responsible to see that other Ananda Marga publications are printed with quality and distributed to all units of Ananda Marga in the Sector. Effort should be made to place all books into the popular bookstores and encourage public sale through book fairs and other methods of promotion, ie. advertisement, mailorder catalog, etc.
14. PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPARTMENT is responsible to create a proper image of Ananda Marga in the eye of the public, to establish cordial relationships with all government agencies, newspapers, radio and television stations and to submit regular press releases promoting all A.M. functions. Likewise, uptodate name and adress lists should be kept on file of all important contacts. P.R. Department is responsible for any legal cases that may arise within the organization`s development. P.R. Department is responsible for the proper telephonic network within the Sector and with other sectors. P.R. Department supervises the legal papers for all vehicles within the Sector. P.R. Department is also responsible to issue a monthly newsletter and to send to all A.M. offices in the Sector.
15. RENAISSANCE UNIVERSAL acts as the platform for professionals, executives, scientists, artist, journalist, lawyers, academicians, students and other groups of thinkers. the purpose is to unite these intellectuals on common issues of concern, ie. universal ideas, environmental awareness, social dynamism and more development, etc., and hold symposiums, seminars and conferences to stimulate a collective effort to solve basic problems. R.U. clubs are to be started in every unit and reports submitted regularly.
Aims of R.U. clubs are: a) To promote individual and collective ethical responsibility for applying science, arts, etc. for the welfare of the planet. b) To propagate the ideals of Self- realization and social change. c) To help relieve the suffering of the oppressed and disadvantaged. d) Organize debates, essay competitions, research work, etc. e) Distribute clothes, books and medical aid to the poor. f) Work for the establishment of guaranteed basic necessities: food, clothes, shelter, medical care and education.
R.A.W.A. or RENAISSANCE ARTISTS and WRITERS ASSOCIATION, is a branch of R.U. which deals with artists and writers who wish to use their talent to promote " art for service and blessedness".
The aims of RAWA are: a) To develop the finer faculties of the human mind through music, drama ,song, dance, poetry, etc. b) To encourage the subtler branches of art. c) To bring change in social values through art. d) To establish RAWA clubs enabling artists of all types to socialize, comunicate, organize concerts, art exhibitions, research new art forms, etc. e) Help purchase equipment to be used by the members of RAWA. f) To organize fund raising programs. g) To protect the artists from commercial exploatation.
16. SOCIETY BUILDING DEPARTMENT gives importance to creating a healthy society by encouraging and guiding proper family life based on spiritual ideas as well as encouraging unmarried young men and women to dedicate their lives as whole time Workers of Ananda Marga. Society Building Department organizes seminars on childbearing, cooperative living and other topics of concern for family Margiis. SB propagates the social codes of Ananda Marga through Caryacarya 1,2 and 3. SB organizes weekend retreats for youth in order to inspire them for a lifetime of service to humanity.
Revolutionary Marriages, RM, are encouraged by Ananda Marga for the purpose of breaking down all forms of social barriers. The spouses should be of different race, religious beliefs or national backgrounds.
Read more: latest update, click here
17. SOCIAL SECURITY DEPARTMENT works primarily to provide basic necessities of life to everyone in society through the implementation of the cooperative system:
a) food coops (producer and consumer) b) cloth coops (producer and consumer) c) readers coops (producer and consumer) d) medical care coops e) medicinal coops ( producer and consumer) f) construction coops ( producer and consumer) g) credit coops, insurance coops, etc.
18. WOMEN`S WELFARE DEPARTMENT works for the all round development and upliftment of women in society
There are five sections of WWD:
WWD-GENERAL works to start schools, open homes, and centers for tribal women and unwed mothers, start medical relief for women, open women`s retiring homes, open skills training centers for women and all round relief for women.
G.V.- GIRL`S VOLUNTEERS organize camps in order to train young women in self- discipline, sense of collective responsibility, courage, valor, selflessness, self - esteem, fearlessness and willingness to fight against all obstacles.
HPMG(L)- HARI PARI MANDAL GOSTI (ladies managed) works to promote spirituality through social functions like Ananda Mela, full moon festivals, Katha Kiirtan parties, Akhanda Kiirtan parties, Nagar Kiirtans, music, dance and song competitions, mass initiations, organizing service programs in all units, as well as starting schools.
P.W.S.A.- PROGRESSIVE WOMEN`S SPIRITUAL ASSOCIATION organizes progressive minded women into a spiritually oriented association in order to promote cardinal human values in society. They hold seminars, symposiums, conferences, parades, rallies, and other public gatherings to promote all round development of society.
A.M.U.R.T.EL- ANANDA MARGA UNIVERSAL RELIEF TEAM ( Ladies managed) works in close cooperation with AMURT in the area of disaster relief. In time of calamity volunteers are rushed to the scene with food, medicines, clothes and other relief supplies. AMURTEL members specialize in other areas of health education by sponsoring " Mother`s courses" and hygiene classes to indigents.
ERAWS departments in details
The ERAWS DEPARTMENT, Education Relief and Welfare Section, is composed of five sections with their branches.
1. EDUCATION- Aims and objectives: A) To spread the ideals of Ananda Marga Education. B) To make the guidelines and policies for A.M. schools. C) To produce books and educational materials for A.M. schools. D) To inspect A.M. schools. E) To train teachers for A.M. schools.
The Education section of ERAWS is divided into three branches:
E1- To organize and open schools. E2- To control the schools` standard through the Ananda Marga Gurukula. E3- To publish educational materials for A.M. schools and control examinations under the guidance and supervision of Ananda Marga Gurukula.
ANANDA MARGA has three types of schools: A) A.M.S.A.I.- ANANDA MARGA Special Academic Institution. AMSAI begins with nursery and kindergarten and developes up to University level serving middle class society. B) A.M.J.A.S.- Ananda Marga Jagrity School. AMJAS begins with nursery and kidergarten and develops up to primary level serving the poorer section of society, with either no tuition or nominal fees. Every A.M. Jagrity should start AMJAS. C) A.M.P.E.S.- Ananda Marga Peoples Schools. AMPES are for mass education for adults in basic literacy, hygiene, morality, etc.
2. Relief- Aims and objectives: A) All temporary relief work. B) Open cheap kitchens . C) Visit hospitals, prisons. D) Keep relief stores ready to help in service work and during disaster. E) To carry out Painca Seva ( five services):
1) General Relief - give basic necessities of life , ie. food, clothes, medical care, shelter and educational materials. 2) Medical Relief - distribution of medicines, special food for sick, baby food, open free medical clinics and camps. 3) Narayan Seva Sadhan- Helping calamity- hit people with subsidized relief programs, 4) Narayan Seva Vishesha- Helping calamity- hit people with free aid programs. 5) Aid for Poor Students- helping with fees, clothes, books,accommodation.
The Relief Section is divided into three branches:
R1- To open and maintain free hostels, children`s homes, leper homes, homes for blind and invalid people. R2- AMURT -Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team- To start disaster relief operations. R3- AMUPRESO- Ananda Marga Universal Permanent Relief Society.
To open permanent relief stores and do Painca Seva permanently. A.M.U.R.T.- Aims and objectives:
A) To select volunteers and train in first aid, fire-fighting, rescue,etc, etc. B) Organize relief stores in AMURT units ( all units). C) Affiliate AMURT with local government and international relief agencies. D) Recruit doctors and nurses as volunteers. E) Create teams of volunteers to be on call. F) Secure all necessary equipment and supplies for effectively and promptly responding to any natural or man-made calamities: vehicles, uniforms,supplies, radios, tools, megaphones, etc. G) Maintain an A.M.U.R.T. account and organize fund raising efforts before and during emergencies. H) Maitain files and other office records including letters of appreciation, newsclippings, documents, reports, etc. I) To respond to natural and man-made calamities with prompt and efficient relief in cooperation with government and other relief agencies. To see that no one, suffering from a calamity, is left with the feeling that they have been forsaken by the Almighty Father. J) To obtain proper appreciation letters from government and local authorities benefited.
A.M.U.P.R.E.S.O.- Aims and objectives: A) To organize , maintain, supervise and inspect all relief projects of permanent nature coming within the scope oh R1, R2,R3, including Children`s Homes, Student`s Homes, Cheap Hostels, Home for the Blind, Handicapped People`s Homes, Retiring Homes, etc. B) To organize, maintain, supervise and inspect all permanent relief projects which do not come within the scope of R1, R2, R3 such as Drug Crisis Centers, Half-way Houses for Youth, prisoners, mentally ill, ambulatory handicapped , etc. C) Register as a permanent relief organization with the local government. D)Contact government and private funding agencies and arrange independent sources of income.
3. MEDICAL- Aims and objectives:
The Medical Section of ERAWS works to bring medical care to all people in need and to provide education so that people can live long and healthy lives. This work is accomplished by: A) Assisting Relief Department is the establishment of medical camps and clinics of alternative medicines, ie. Homeopathy, Ayurvedic, Naturopathy, Acupressure, Yogic treatments, Chinese, traditional and herbal medicines. B) Printing newsletters supporting alternative medical treatments. C) Holding conferences, symposiums and other programs aimed at educating the public about medicine and medical treatments available.
NOTE: When a Margii asked Shrii P. R. Sarkar which is the best system of medicine, Shrii P. R. Sarkar replied that the system which cures the patient is the best.
PCAP & CL
4. PCAP & CL- Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Plants and Cheap Literature. Ananda Marga exists not only for the benefit of all people, but also for the plants and animals. Shrii P. R. Sarkar explained in PCAP Guidelines, "This Universe is the patrimony of all living beings, because all are the children of the same Cosmic Father. But the sky- licking greed of man always tries to deprive his animal brothers of their right to live in accordance with their inborn instincts and natural wonts.The PCAP Program is to bring world - wide consciousness among human beings, regarding the right of the members of the animal and plant kingdom."
PCAP & CL - Aims and objectives: A) Protect endangered species of animals and plants. B) Create a sentiment of love for animals and plants by popularizing "Service to plants and animals". C) Popularizing vegetarian diet. D) Popularize tree planting. E) Print cheap literature and distribute widely. F) Organize Seminars, symposiums, parades,rallies walkathons, radio and TV interviews press releases. G) Start movements among the Margiis.
TPW & EMS
5. TPW & EMS- Tribal People`s Welfare & Ek Manav Samaj. According to Shrii P.R. Sarkar`s Social philosophy, the standard of a society must be measured by the development of the weakest members. A truly progressive society means that the poorest members are improving their socio- economic condition, not that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.
TPW deals with minority groups, ie.: A) Native inhabitants ( aborigines of Australia, the Red Indians of North America, the Eskimos of the Arctic) who have been forced off their ancestral lands and divorced from their original lifestyle by the intrusion of exploitative, colonial interests. B) Cultural groups who are discriminated against due to their minority status ie., the blacks of USA, the Jews of Russia, the Tibetans of China, the Harijans of India, etc. C) Immigrants and foreigners from other lands who need education, guidance and protection from exploitation. D) Tribal people ie., the Masai and Bantu of East Africa, the Hottentots and Bushmen of South Africa, the Mayan, Incas and Aztecs of Central and South America, who require assistance in adjusting to 21th Century living.
Suggested guidelines for the implementation of this program: A. To inspire these groups with the feeling of unity with the rest of the community by inviting them to various social functions, collective social service projects, cultural festivals, etc. B. To render any and all service to these groups : assist them with their legal rights; assist them in tutorial classes in English, reading, writing, etc.; defending them from verbal abuses; to protect their human rights whenever they are exploited. C. To establish TPW centers with at least 50 hectars land whereon kinder, primary and high schools would be built and started, children`s home, free medical clinic as well as collective farming. D. To encourage maximum interaction of cultural groups, ie. dancing, picnics, sports, games, theater, food festival, etc. Encourage minorities to study their history as a developing people and popularize the glories of their forefathers and heroes.
EMS - EK MANAV SAMAJ - One human society. This organization is specifically given to popularize the sentiment of Universalism.
EMS - Aims and objectives: A. Organize symposiums of groups of various faiths and beliefs to discuss topics which all find common ground, for example, ecology. B. Encourage the use of English as the world-wide medium of exchange amongst different language groups. C. Popularize the metric system of measurement throughout the world. D. Popularize the use of Roman script in different languages. E. Encourage common festivals, common social functions. F. Encourage marriages between people living in different corners of the world. G. Encourage people to learn as many languages as possible. H. Propagate the concept of universal inheritance and universal goal in collective gatherings. I. Encourage all to strengthen human fraternity. H. Propagate the concept of universal inheritance and universal goal in collective gatherings. I. Encourage all to strengthen human fraternity.