How To Use ZOOM
ZOOM is a cloud-based video conferencing tool where you can host calls with others. Users can open chat rooms and can have a large number of attendees all sharing the feed from their webcams, thus giving the similar experience of an offline meeting.
To use ZOOM, either download the desktop client (software) or use your web browser.
The software is for free. To download and install the Zoom Application:
1. Go to https://zoom.us/download and from the Download Center. Click on the Download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”.
Note: This application will automatically download when you start your first Zoom Meeting.
1. Open Firefox or Chromium or another browser.
2. Go to https://zoom.us/join
3. Enter your meeting ID provided by the host/organizer. For example: 265-940-3509
Note: If nothing prompts from the browser, click to launch the meeting, or click download & run Zoom.
4. Enter the meeting password, provided by the host or organizer.
5. Enter your display name that you want everyone to read.
1. Open the Zoom desktop client.
2. Click Join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in.
3. Enter the meeting ID number and the display name you want everyone to read.
4. Select if you want to connect audio and/or video, and click Join.
HOW TO USE AND NAVIGATE THE ZOOM INTERFACE
1. Before entering the meeting, first check your audio and video settings.
2. Select if you want to enter the meeting with your audio and video on/off.
3. During the meeting you can turn on and off the microphone and video.
Note: It is good to unmute/keep off the microphone when not using it. Additional sounds in your room are heard by everyone.
4. With a larger number of attendees, turn off your video. This will improve the internet signal.
5. At the bottom, you have the navigation panel. a) List of attendees, b) Chat message to everyone or one attendee, and c) Share your document or image with everyone.
Click here "How to Join a Zoom Meeting": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1l6Ijz_wg